Menu

I startled the kids today. Opened the SL box, forgot that I'd ordered...

Guest Dulcimeramy

Guest Dulcimeramy

the high school biology dissection kit! I was unpacking the boxes and pulled out a science kit. I thought it was #2 son's general science supplies, so I opened it and pulled out the materials slip to check if it was all there.

It was not a general science kit. It was a dissection kit. I realized this as I was reading down the materials slip and saw the words, "Crayfish in formaldehyde."

I kept looking down the list. Yellow perch. Frog. Worm.

I began to scream. I had a box of pickled dead things on my baby's school desk, just waiting for my teenager to come along and dissect them. Dead things! On Toby's desk!

It was all really unexpected and I could not stop screaming.

My son looked under the brown paper wrapping and saw the bags of....y'know. I told him to package it all back up and put on a high shelf in the garage until Doomsday comes.

I'm OK. I ordered it on purpose, he will be doing the dissection, I did it myself in high school, and we will be fine.

That was just a shocker on a quiet afternoon. The little boys thought I'd lost my mind. I haven't freaked out like that since we had a snake in the crawlspace.

Henry (10) said he didn't know where he could get formaldehyde, but he could catch me a frog or a crawdad anytime I want one.

:grouphug::lol::lol::lol::grouphug:

Well, I think you reacted normally. When I opened our box of critters knowing what was in there, I screeched and did a gross out dance. Gross, spit, sputter I don't like frogs. Scratch that, I'm totally icked out by frogs, even pitiful dead ones that are sealed in formaldehyde.

We finished up our Biology dissection Wednesday, and I couldn't be happier.