Menu

How long does it take your dc to do one CLE math lesson? (elementary)

Joker

How long does one lesson take?  

1. 1. How long does one lesson take?

• 20-30 min
    • 30-40 min
    • 40-50 min
    • 50-60 min
    • 60+ min
    • obligatory other

My 5 yr old spends about 20 minutes. He gets tired from writing, so we do a lot orally. I also cut a lot of the repetitions. We do the new stuff, review a little of recent things, practice with anything that he's weak on. He loves math and picks it up quickly. He likes to do it on the whiteboard instead of the book. I was getting frustrated before Christmas because I was making him do everything, and it'd take 3-4 days to do one lesson. Now we do one per day, he's retaining better and has fun with it.

Thanks, everyone! I also wondered about mistakes. Something I wasn't thinking about before is that they make very few mistakes. They don't have mistakes everyday and it's actually rare. I knew my oldest was a bit of a perfectionist (she checks everything) but maybe my younger is as well. It's something I will try to watch closer tomorrow because they don't seem to spend much time just dawdling.

I timed it today. LU 309, Lesson 7 took 48 min. with 99% accuracy. She completed all of the problems and did the flashcards and speed drill.

Thank you! I timed us as well and we were at 42 min today. I think we usually vary between 45-60 but I realized my girls ask a lot of questions during the "teaching" part that aren't related to the lesson. They want to know how it relates to something they haven't learned yet and so we end up going over much more than just today's lesson. I don't mind that but it made me feel better about the time.