Menu

Horrible Books website has 4 free audio books for downloading!

I downloaded into a folder and opened it up in iTunes. It automatically plays for me on iTunes, but you can also open iTunes after downloading it, click on "File", and then click on "Add File to Library" and look for the folder in which you saved the file.

By the way, what program did you use to listen to it on your computer?

I'm not sure what program it is on the computer. When I click on it, it simply has a "controller-thing" in the middle of the screen, which is otherwise completely white. Nowhere does it say any type of program. Which is weird! It should list a program-type somewhere, right?

It also doesn't give the option to save. (At least not the way I'm familiar with). I hit File, and the "Save" option is grayed and unavailable.

Hey! Maybe it's QuickTime? If I right-click it, it gives 2 options. Save As Source, or Save As QuickTime Movie.

If I "Save As Source", would that allow me to download to a folder, so I can open and use in iTunes?

I may have dh look at it and see if he can help me. I hope he's up for it tonight. I was hoping to listen to some of these in the car tomorrow. Are they very long? We have none of the Horrible Histories and it would be nice to get a taste of them so we can see if we should buy some of the books.

I'm not sure what program it is on the computer. When I click on it, it simply has a "controller-thing" in the middle of the screen, which is otherwise completely white. Nowhere does it say any type of program. Which is weird! It should list a program-type somewhere, right?

It also doesn't give the option to save. (At least not the way I'm familiar with). I hit File, and the "Save" option is grayed and unavailable.

Hey! Maybe it's QuickTime? If I right-click it, it gives 2 options. Save As Source, or Save As QuickTime Movie.

If I "Save As Source", would that allow me to download to a folder, so I can open and use in iTunes?

Could you change where it downloads by opening up your browser, clicking on Tools, then Options, and then General?

By the way, I do have the books and have listened to part of Measly Middle Ages. The author doesn't read the entire book (only realizing this after looking how small the files are and comparing it with the book), just portions of it, but there are great sound effects and he does a wonderful job of pulling in the audience and giving you a taste of what his books are like. I think each audio book is only about 30 minutes long.