Menu

government course-

I am looking for a government class, syllabus, book course etc to begin with my 10 th grade daughter. We live in Wisconsin and with the amount of crises here i thought it would be a great time to introduce some government topics and get some credit at the same time. I am not highly knowledgeable about government so this would help me as well. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

pam

Hi Pam,

I thought your post looked lonely here so I decided to chime in :) And oh yeah on the WI thing -- we have family right in Madison!

With my older dd, gov. was taught just as part of the development of America. However, we did use some good stuff on the C-SPAN website. They have video segments on every political topic, plus everything from lesson plans to worksheets for evaluating political ads.

http://www.c-spanclassroom.org/

With my youngest, I have had several books on the three branches of gov etc, but I think they'd be too simplistic for a high schooler. When ds gets to high school, I plan to use the MFW materials. It looks like their gov. credit includes Under God and Never Before in History. I haven't used those before, but they might be good?

Julie