Menu

For those using Tapestry of Grace

In the redesign, Government is worth 1/2 credit per year. The redesign is complete for Years 1 & 2; they are working on Year 3 this year.

If you go to their main page, you can click on the year 1, 2, or 3 tabs on the top or to the left of the page:

http://www.tapestryofgrace.com/index.php

If you check out the scope & sequence under each years' page, you can see the government topics/documents studied under each plan. You can also check out some of the "free" extra links that they provide for users in ADDITION to the written material that you receive for each week. Remember - TOG is a really rich unit study, you can go as far as you like or you can work through the program as written. :001_smile:

I believe they bumped the government work up to 1/2 credit because many students only need 1/2 credit of government in order to graduate. And the government work is generally tougher than the standard history course material IMO. Unless your student is really interested in philosophy and political science, you would probably just wait to do the government work in the year that your child was a junior or a senior rather than doing all of the government work for year 1 - 4. OR (IMO) if you happen to have the Year 2 & Year 3 plans anyway, you might just work through Year 2 - Units 3 & 4 and Year 3 - Units 1 & 2 for a VERY complete Gov. credit - (Founding of the US through Democracy in America.) Once again, the program is designed to be VERY flexible. It makes it easier to tailor the program to fit the child and their goals/bent.

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

what do you do about Government and Economics in 12th Grade? :confused:

I asked TOG if redesigned 3 & 4 would have enough Economics material to qualify for 1/2 credit.

Dana responded with this:

"No, in Redesign, there won't be enough to count as a full or 1/2

credit. There *is* some information about banking and finance, but as it

pertains to history. I will be looking for a good economics program for Lampstand to sell, but as of yet haven't found one."

I hope they will be able to develop one soon.