Menu

Long Shot Here: Anyone going to the North Dakota HS Conference??

When/where is it? I am in MT

Too far for you! It's in Jamestown, so EAST of Bismarck by quite a ways. You'd be insane to come to this little convention.

Waving to you....Since we both live in the unpopulated part of the US, you'll probably be able to see me waving! LOL

But at least someone read my post:001_smile:

Nope. Not me. But I would love to listen to Andrew P.

Have you ever been to a ND Homeschoolers Convention?

Many times. It's pretty conservative but manages to have some academic speakers and some "encourage the homeschoolers" speakers each year. We just won't talk about the year the speakers advocated arranged marriages. I think the organizers were even embarrassed!:lol:

Many times. It's pretty conservative but manages to have some academic speakers and some "encourage the homeschoolers" speakers each year. We just won't talk about the year the speakers advocated arranged marriages. I think the organizers were even embarrassed!:lol:

I missed that one I think....the (2008) one in Grand Forks had very conservative speakers and attendees. I still learned some things in the seminars but I do see some repeat topics in the flier for this year. Makes me want to attend the repeats as they may infact be heavily requested for very good reasons.

Alas, I want to attend now if only to listen to Andrew P......we are loving the SWI A and look forward to starting up the next DVD soon. Several of his topics for sessions and workshops look very interesting.

Have a blast!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

It was an okay conference and more on homeschooling than on parenting. Andrew was wonderful and a very nice person, in person. We've been evacuated once and emptied our basement twice in two years (and year #3 is ramping up--another flood in a couple of weeks). We've misplaced at least one video disk and he offered to replace it for $5. I was wanting to rebuy the whole set!

My 4 kids attended his workshops and enjoyed them a lot. It got them excited about writing (again).

Maybe we can do a mini, really mini, WTM meet-up next year.