Menu

Need a simple/tasty crockpot chicken recipe!

We are snowed in. I can't get to the store. I have chicken breasts thawed and ready to throw in the crockpot. We have some veggies (carrots, celery, broccoli) and brown rice. Also have plenty shredded cheese. And, we have plenty of store-bought chicken stock and lots of spices. I'm not really creative when it comes to cooking but I'm trying! Does anybody have anything simple and yummy I can make in the crockpot? Thanks!

Creamy Italian Chicken

1 packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix

chicken breasts

1/3 cup water.

Put this in the crock pot and cook until chicken is done. Then mix the juices with 1 8oz. package cream cheese. Serve over egg noodles, rice, etc. You can leave the chicken in bigger pieces or shred it up.

Chicken Soup

1 pound carrots sliced or diced

1-2 ribs celery sliced

1 onion chopped

1-2 chicken breasts

1-2 T. poultry seasoning

Put this in the crock pot and top with chicken broth (as much as your family likes)

Cook on low all day. Cook egg noodles, rice, etc. and pour soup over the top. My dh likes it this way as then the rice/noodles, etc. don't get mushy in the soup.

I just made this last week and served it over rice. It was awesome.

Chicken breasts

Can of cream of ? soup (we used cheddar, but you could use chicken or mushroom)

1 cup salsa

taco seasoning (I make my own)

Put chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning. Combine soup and salsa then pour over chicken. Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 6). Shred chicken using 2 forks. Serve over rice or in soft taco shells.

Yummy

I love throwing chicken, salsa, corn & black beans into the crockpot. Can serve on rice or wrap in tortillas.

ETA: Here is the "recipe"

boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 can black beans, drained & rinse

1 pkg. whole kernal corn (frozen)

1 jar salsa

Cooking on low for 6-8 hours and will serve with rice. For leftovers I will serve on tortillas. My family loves this and it's easy & healthy.

Edited by TN Mama

Another one....

2 chicken breasts

1 cup of salsa (we puree it just for fun)

Cook on high 6 hours or low 10

The last hour shred the chicken and add 1/2 cup of Sour Cream.

Serve on tortillas with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, basically anything you put on tacos.

Be prepared for left overs