Menu

What a Daytona 500!!! Anyone else watch?

Trevor Bayne won in his FIRST Daytona 500 attempt. Add to that it was only his second cup race and he just turned twenty yesterday. What a race!!!

http://www.nascar.com/news/110220/tbayne-wins-daytona-500-cup/index.html

And Kudos to classy Carl Edwards for not attempting to bump him out of the way on the last lap. :auto::auto:

We didn't watch. NASCAR and Daytona has lost a little of its appeal for me!:lol::tongue_smilie:

My 12yo was supposed to go to the race, but the person who was going to take him (we provided the tickets) told him at NOON that he didn't feel up to going. This is after he was told several times this morning that they were "almost ready to go."

I was *sick* for him as he has been looking forward to it since last summer. If the person would have told us first thing this morning, I would have found someone else to take him.:glare: This was the last chance for awhile for ds to go (he may *never* get another 500 chance!)

We watched!!! We were soooo thrilled for him!!! We have our favs, but it was GREAT to see a rookie win!

We're long time fans, but I watched little of last year. All of favorite drivers have either retired or are the "old guys". It was great to see some of the younger guys up front.

Yep, saw that and I was thrilled for him!!! :auto:

My dh and I were both standing up screaming at the TV.

We didn't watch. NASCAR and Daytona has lost a little of its appeal for me!:lol::tongue_smilie:

My 12yo was supposed to go to the race, but the person who was going to take him (we provided the tickets) told him at NOON that he didn't feel up to going. This is after he was told several times this morning that they were "almost ready to go."

I was *sick* for him as he has been looking forward to it since last summer. If the person would have told us first thing this morning, I would have found someone else to take him.:glare: This was the last chance for awhile for ds to go (he may *never* get another 500 chance!)

Wow, that just bites. I'm sorry. :grouphug: I could almost smell the fuel and the burning rubber through the TV. If it weren't for the drivers I would have quit being a fan a long time ago. I try to ignore the corporate side of Nascar.

Wow, that just bites. I'm sorry. :grouphug: I could almost smell the fuel and the burning rubber through the TV. If it weren't for the drivers I would have quit being a fan a long time ago. I try to ignore the corporate side of Nascar.

I'm sure I will get over it soon. I kind of wish we had at least watched parts of it! Sounds like it was an exciting race. And no potholes this year!:lol:

Hate what they have done, running 2X2, but was thrilled with Bayne winning(was pulling for him since Jeff Gordon wrecked early in the race). It was great listening to the disbelief in Bayne's voice-seems like a great kid!

Did you see he almost drove by Victory Lane? He didn't even know where to go. :lol: At least he knows how to floor it and turn left.

I think the move of the race goes to Stephan Wallace for not ramming into the wrecked car in one of those final cautions (forget who it was on the apron).

I watched all but the last 35 laps (had to go retrieve DD from my mother's clutches). DH texted me that Bayne won, and I was amazed. I was so happy for him, because he seemed so awestruck during the interviews that they showed of him. I bet he gets a great following because of this!

The pairs racing wasn't necessarily so bad, but they're really going to have to work on communications if this is the style of race they're headed for. Did you see the radio configs they had?? At first I thought Gibbs was nuts for not letting other drivers contact his drivers directly (made them go through the spotters instead), but I saw why he did it after the first few laps. Don't know that it really helped matters much, though. Communication was still horrendous. The track was gorgeous, though.