Menu

It is snowing here and so beautiful!!

I can see why you don't like driving on it over in your neck of the woods. The city is not prepared for it!! Everything seems to shut down if there is 1/2 inch. :-) Portland was the same way when I lived there. They literally closed school if there was a little snow. In all my growing up years and teaching years here in Spokane I can remember them closing school one time for snow.

So many times this winter we've been stuck at that slushy, in-between temperature of 35 or so ~ like right now. It did snow a bit earlier today here in the north county (no snow at all just down the road a bit in Bellingham), but it's not cold enough to stay. I know what you mean about things shutting down over here when there's only a little bit of snow, but that's because it really is quite different than in a drier climate like east of the mountains. We get a bit, then it rains, then it freezes, and the roads are a menace. Bleh. I'd go in for the real snow, thankyouverymuch. Enjoy!