Menu

FLL3 to CLE4?

SophiaH

Has anyone gone from FLL3 to CLE LA 4? How was the transition? Was your dc prepared? Also, how have you found the poetry sections in CLE?

Or has anyone compared FLL4 to CLE LA 4?

I'm looking for something a little less teacher intensive for next year, but just as gentle & repetitive. Dd needs that. We'll be using AAS and a progym writing program also so we won't need the spelling or writing. I'm mostly interested in grammar, although I love that it includes the word study and poetry, as I was thinking about dabbling in something like Poetry Primer but I'm thinking I may not need to if we use CLE?

Thanks for any thoughts you might share.

Well, I don't have the exact experience you're looking for, but since you haven't gotten many responses, I'll give you my .02.

My oldest did FLL4 (most of it.... we quit it a little early because he was 5th grade and it seemed too easy). We went from 3/4ths of FLL 4 into CLE 5 and had no problem at all. (In full disclosure we didn't finish CLE 5.... but there was no problem going from FLL to CLE).

Yay, responses! Thank you so much!

I've looked over the S&S of CLE, and it seems that a lot of the big concepts in 4 have been covered at least somewhat in FLL3, so hopefully if anything, it will be a very easy transition. One concern I have is that I can't find that direct objects are even mentioned in CLE until level 6, and I'm really using grammar as a stepping stone and introduction to the grammar we're covering in Lively Latin. And when we start LL BB2 next month that's the first topic. But at least it's been covered a little in FLL3. But I'm wondering if there will be other things like this as well.

But I'm just about set to go to CLE mainly for the more independent nature of it. So many of the subjects we'll be doing next year will be teacher-intensive and with a newborn and two other littles I'll need some work-load lifted!

Thanks again!