Menu

FLL and lesson 140 of OPG

TxMama

Did you wait to start FLL at lesson 140?  

1. 1. Did you wait to start FLL at lesson 140?

• Yes, I started FLL at lesson 140 of OPG.
    • Started FLL in 1st grade but before lesson 140 of OPG.
    • Started FLL in 1st grade but after lesson 140 of OPG.
    • other.

The recommendation of OPG is to wait until lesson 140 to start FLL. Does this include WWE? Do people wait until lesson 140 to start FLL?

THe recommendation is also to wait until lesson 115 before starting a spelling program. If you use AAS did you wait until lesson 115 to start?

Thanks.

WWE recommends waiting until age 6. I'm not sure where you'd need to be in OPG though. I started with a first grader that was reading well already. The child needs to be able to do copywork (sentences), and I think it's good if they can actually read what they're copying. But that's the only reading involved in WWE1.

We are technically Kinder this year. DD learned to read (short vowel phonics) before we started OPG at start of Kinder. I started OPG on the lessons just after the alphabet (dont remember the lesson number) for review. We started FLL and WWE about 20 lessons after that because that's when I discovered them. DD has had no problem with comprehension or writing with either of them. We will probably move on to Level 2 in both for 1st grade because we had no problems thus far (we are exactly half way through our school year this week, WWE wk19 and FFL Lesson 40-ish). HTH