Menu

My head hurts!!

And I think my eyes are crossed! I'm trying to get my plan for next year done and math is giving me fits. I think I've read every thread but they are running together and I'm getting them all confused.:confused: So please have mercy on me and tell me which Algebra you would use for a mathy boy that can do pre-algebra in his head. This wonderful boy has a mom who spends HOURS of prep time for him to do the entire lesson in 15 minutes. I need a totally independent algebra program that at the most, all I have to do is check the answers. I had decided on TT but a friend told me that it might be to easy and he might be able to "beat" the system.

I would recommend Chalkdust. That is what I switched dd to this year in pre-algebra and its working out very well. She never was a "mathy" child and so I was a bit nervous at first because I kept hearing how rigorous it was but she is doing amazingly well! Depending on your budget though I would look used. I found dd's pre-algebra for $100ppd last year when most people were finishing school for the year. (the website sells them for $394 or there about)

Everything mentioned in this thread so far would be good for a math-y kiddo. My math-y dd has been doing well with VTI, also. She has been able to fly through Algebra I and II in one long course, which will allow her to reach more advanced classes more quickly. She just doesn't need the review from Alg I to Alg II. We will be supplementing with AOPS courses, though.