Menu

question for dr. hive

I am typing one handed this evening because my left shoulder hurts. I have never injured it...per se...but it started hurting about 2 years ago after going about 6 years straight carrying children...I am right handed, so I always carried my kids with my left. anyway, 2 years ago, I did some physical therapy and that seemed help...for about a year I was pain free...after that, pain off and on. 2 days ago I woke up hurting a lot...and it still hurts tonight. I am trying hard not to use it much...but that's hard. If I hold it like it would be in a sling, it doesn't hurt...so my question is, do you think it would hurt for me to just get a sling and rest my arm...or should I go and see a doctor?? or, does anybody have any other thoughts for me. I don't know what the problem is....I have never been diagnoised. thanks.

Can you go back to physical therapy?

I could, except if I had to have the same schedule I did last time, I was there 3 -4 times a week for over an hour plus driving time which is about another 1/2 hour round trip (and my husband was willing to watch the kids because it was in the summer and his work load is less), but not so much now...so I was hoping to avoid that if possible. Not that he wouldn't do it...but I was hoping to try something else first.