Menu

Preschool projects/activities

miracleone

I have a curious 3 year old who could be ready to start doing "school" with her big sister. What can I get that is like a open and go activity kit or a preschool curriculum? Has anyone use BFIAR and liked it? Is FIAR too advanced for a 3 year old? Any other suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

We LOVED BFIAR and FIAR! I would think you could do either of them with your littles. How old is big sister? Would you be doing the FIAR with her? The beauty of FIAR and B4 is that you can beef it up or simplify if needed. Take a look at the blog Tot school, it has some great ideas for littles.

If you are ok with Christian content, Rod and Staff Preschool books, (a series of workbooks), I got some School Zone ones from Amazon the other day since they were $1.40 each and they are running a 4 for 3 promotion (and I have Prime right now, so I get free shipping under $25). They are back-ordered, but I don't need them until fall. How about Kumon first tracing or something like that?

Kumon has some fun workbooks, if she's looking for something like that. My little guy loved their "Tracing" book - basically a bunch of mazes to build fine motor skills & help set the stage for writing. Which it did nicely.

The Little Hands Art Book has a bunch of projects that a 3yo could probably do. So does Mudpies to Magnets. We did "nature study," in that we'd go outside and look for "cool stuff." Milk weed, and lichen at the park, and worms and frogs in the garden, a hollow tree. Magnifying glasses and binoculars are fun.

Add in read-alouds and maybe a little phonics (we used Happy Phonics, and I keep an eye on OPGTR to make sure that I'm not missing anything, since the instructions with HP aren't so hot), and she's got a first-rate preschool program.

We're just transitioning out of preschool and into a more Kish level of work. Stop by my blog & see what we've been up to, if you'd like. "Preschool" is one of my biggest labels in my tag cloud.

As far as B4FIAR or FIAR, I'm sure that either could work just fine. But, I would be sad for you if you missed the B4FIAR books. Those are the books that all my kids, young and old, still pull out to look at. So many that we love!!:)

B4FIAR with either Confessions of a Homeschooler's Letter of the Week or HOD Preschool would be a great combo, IMO.

Most of all, have fun!