Menu

Medic Alert Bracelets

We've decided that we need to get our oldest a medic alert bracelet as he'll be spending a lot more time away from us as he's getting older. He has a penicillin allergy.

Do you have sites that you purchase yours from? Or did you get it locally?

I have this site, but wanted some recommended alternatives if any of you have one.

(and no, this is no endorsement or link up, etc. - just one that I found)

We use the Medic Alert bracelets, the sports bands. They have held up to everyday wear through karate,showering,swimming, the ocean and dogs chewing on them for over 4 years now. We occassionally get a new pattern at the time of a sale but just because she likes the patterns.

It is very easy to update the info on their website or to call them with the info.

Both my daughter (insect allergy, anaphalactic) and myself (on blood thinners and with multiple drug allergies and serious medical issues) use Medic Alert. Never had a problem with them and they are a non profit organization that is really well known. They keep your information on file which is helpful to us as we move and then we just call them and update doctors and medications we take.

We used medic alert with my son when he was on seizure meds. If the meds changed or the dosages, then that information could be updated on the website easily. He used the sports band and it looked like what lots of other boys his age were wearing.

When we went to Disney World and I wanted an ID bracelet for my younger daughter who has autism, I went with the ROAD ID. I have one for when I run and bike, and since I just wanted contact information so anyone who might run into her if she got lost would know that she might not respond appropriately, I went with the cheaper option.