Menu

University of Mary Washington

8filltheheart

I love my school. It has changed since I went, graduated 20 years ago!

Pluses - beautiful campus. Easy to walk around. When I was there, it was an easy walk to get to a grocery store and Roses. (I understand the ones that were there when I was are now gone. The college bought the land and is making dorms and such out of them.) The whole campus was about 1 1/4 miles form one end (gym) to the other (track). Even if I had a class in the science building and my next in the art/music building, I didn't have an issue making it across campus.

They did a lot of building while I was there - 2 (or 3?) new dorms. New library. New campus center. Having those new buildings was great. I was among the first students to live in one of the new dorms. The new library was wonderful - study rooms, for groups! (It was new to us.)

I didn't do much in town except for walk to groceries and drive to the mall and movie theater. But I ran track and cross country. I didn't have a lot of extra time. The coach is still there! He was great.

The hospital is down the hill from campus, again you can walk there. I did volunteer work there while I was trying to decide if I wanted to be an OT or PT. (decided not)

I enjoyed my time there!

Hi,

My daughter is a junior there now, and commutes about 45 minutes each way. Several of my husband's family members from this area, south of Fredericksburg, attended UMW. Happy to answer questions, if you wish to e-mail me, about specifics. My attending daughter was not homeschooled, so I don't know about that, I'm sorry. She really loves it and I have been very, very pleased also, as a parent of a student.

LBS