Menu

FINALLY saw The King's Speech

James Bond and I finally saw The King's Speech today and it was BRILLIANT!!!! Thank you to everyone who recommended it.

Colin Firth was amazing (as usual). I was actually nervous for him when he had to speak in public. Silly, I know, but I was so drawn into the movie and his character that I was stressed for him. The sign of a good performance IMO. I loved Geoffry Rush. He made JB and I LOL several times during the movie. If you haven't see this movie, SEE IT!!!!

I really hope Colin Firth wins the Oscar for his performance because is was so bloody good.

I wonder how QEII feels about the movie.

Screenwriter David Seidler said the royal approval was the ultimate honour.

The Queen Mother, who was married to King George VI, once asked Mr Seidler not to make the film, our correspondent added.

"When her mother asked me 30 years ago to wait, because the memory of these events were still too painful, I understood the intense feelings that were involved," he said.

"And now that the film has been written and made with love, and respect, and admiration, the fact that Her Majesty has recognised this is incredibly and wonderfully gratifying."

James Bond and I finally saw The King's Speech today and it was BRILLIANT!!!! Thank you to everyone who recommended it.

Colin Firth was amazing (as usual). I was actually nervous for him when he had to speak in public. Silly, I know, but I was so drawn into the movie and his character that I was stressed for him. The sign of a good performance IMO. I loved Geoffry Rush. He made JB and I LOL several times during the movie. If you haven't see this movie, SEE IT!!!!

I really hope Colin Firth wins the Oscar for his performance because is was so bloody good.

I wonder how QEII feels about the movie.

Thank you for your review! :)

I keep intending to post about this movie. I'm so glad I saw your post. My husband and I saw King's Speech last weekend and loved it. A friend of ours from the UK had seen it previously and insisted we needed to see it. He had seen it the previous weekend and walked right back in, bought another ticket and saw it again.

One of the best movies either of us had seen in a while.

The King's speech is expected, but refer to a historical drama, a pair of outstanding performances by Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush. The entire film, we have highlighted a number of issues related to Albert from his childhood, in particular his claim to sign with his right hand, despite the inherent left hand.