Menu

question about photos and blogging

What do you use for storage for your photos?

I was happily blogging away... had my photos uploaded to my camera... and would click on the photo icon and upload my photo from my files to google for the blog (blogger). Then in the middle of a group of photos I got a message that I have to purchase more storage from google because I'd used it all up. I had no idea.

What do you do? The only other way I know of to put the photos on my blog is uploading them to photobucket, then pasting the code in my blog entry. But, then eventually I am going to run out of photobucket space!

Please let me know how you put photos up on your blog... surely I cannot be the only one who blogs with lots of photos...

Thanks!!

I store them on my computer and upload. If all you do is post them - not print or anything - then check your camera settings. It's likely you have a fairly high resolution set and that makes for HUGE files. Those eat up storage space really quickly. I resize everything for the web to really small to upload easily.

I store them on my computer and upload. If all you do is post them - not print or anything - then check your camera settings. It's likely you have a fairly high resolution set and that makes for HUGE files. Those eat up storage space really quickly. I resize everything for the web to really small to upload easily.

I do this. I use blogger and have been blogging for a couple of years. I've only used a portion of allowed space. The other thing I do is go picasa, I think that is where the files are stored and delete some of the photos. It will remove it from the blog, but I usually remove photos I've had in a banner or sidebar.

Blogger gives you 1024MB total picture storage. Your pics are set at a very high res, and since you uploaded them directly from your camera without resizing, you used up all of your space.

When I began blogging, I didn't know about photo sizes and blogger. Within the space of three months, I used up 25% of my space. I began resizing my pictures, and three years later, I'm only at 65%. I usually resize to 800x600 pixels, and I've posted hundreds of pictures.

You need to find a way to make your pics smaller. Depending on what you do with photos that you take with your camera, you might choose to just take smaller pics. You can upload to photobucket, which I think automatically resizes your photos for you. I think you can also go in and resize all of your existing pics through picasaweb.google.com, which is where all of your blogger photos are (probably) automatically stored. I would just try one or two at a time at first to see how it works. If it were me, I'd hate to lose any of my blogged photos. Another thought is that if you haven't blogged all of your uploaded photos, you might have a bunch you can delete from that website (picasaweb), and that would clear up your space on blogger. Then if you post only smaller, resized pics, you might be fine for a while.

I'm so sorry for you--this must have been quite a shock!

I use photobucket and have been blogging for about 3.5 years now, I usually put my photos that I upload into a slideshow on photobucket and then paste that html code into my posts. I haven't used up all my photobucket space yet and I usually don't resize my pictures either. I'm not sure how many pictures you're putting on your blog, but you may want to try photobucket and see how that works.

Just wanted to add that I have about 70MB of pictures on my free photobucket account and I have only used about 14% of my space so far.

Edited by nukeswife

Thank you Kristine out of Lurking!!! This is exactly what I needed to know! I went to my album at that location and everything was saved full size... so, now I have the painstaking task of resizing every single photo... over 400... and I bought the extra storage, too!!! BUT, the storage was for a year... and I was thinking, "So, what happens in a year?"

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!!