Menu

Have you ever picked up something cheap that worked?

dakarimom5

I am always on the lookout for stuff that can be used in hs. Two things that I have picked up this year that have had more use than anything else are free printable letter cards from Currclick that I laminated and 4/$1 dry erase boards that had handwriting lines on them. We use both of these things everyday!!

Anyone found anything cheap that is used constantly?

I have def. picked up a couple things for free-cheap that actually worked!

First off MEP is free and we LOVED YR of this program!!

Also all the free printables that I found at childcareland.com for my tot and preschool days..I've laminated them and reuse them with my tot now and my nieces and nephews when they come to visit :)

Ohh and The Dollar Tree has some really neat tools once in awhile. I found a package of 4 cardstock clocks for $1 and we use those in learning telling time alot lately! Also they at one point had some really nice workbooks last year and I grabbed several for all grades they had and they are really nice workbooks! We're actually using the math one right now to help review while we wait for our math mammoth to arrive. The spelling workbooks I got from there is really nice for a rainy day too! They also last year had some board books of all the presidents in it that had flaps that when lifted on each president listed out some basic facts about each one. They also had a board book on the world map and the U.S. with flaps with facts. SUPER neat and they cost me $1 each!

Giant foam number dice that we picked up in a teacher's store for pennies. We have two that are numbered 1-6 and two that are numbered 7-12. We use them with ds (7) for addition and subtraction drills. He rolls two dice and then adds AND subtracts the numbers he rolls. He then writes the problems in a notebook before he gets to roll again. We have used them for dd (4) for practicing number recognition and now she is using them to show place value. She rolls two dice, puts them side by side, then uses base 10 blocks to build the 2-digit number using 10's and unit blocks.

Both of my kids LOVE the dice and consider it a game. They don't even consider the notion that they are doing math. ;)

Giant Foam Dice = Priceless!

Small whiteboards - love them. Giant dice - love those, too.

We found a counting ball at Five Below - it counts bounces. We used it a lot in kindy for counting practice, and it was great for eye/hand coordination too.

Target had some $1 games that I picked up recently - those have a been a nice change during the day.

Giant chalk - we do a lot outside when the weather permits.