Menu

Teeth whitening professional quality

I have to get a tooth veneered. My dentist mentioned that if I want to do any teeth whitening, I should do it before I get the veneer (front tooth).

She said the tray is about $300 as it is custom fitted and then the solution is about $30-$50.

She also said this is about 30% bleech solution vs. the 5%-10% solution they sell over the counter, so she suggested I do the custom fitted tray with the more intensive solution.

Here is my question: Is there a way to do the 30% solution without a custom tray? Is there a generic tray that may not fit "as well" but does the job?

The veneer itself is going cost me $380 out of pocket.....I just can't add another $350 on to that!

This is to repair a chipped tooth that was capped from a surfing accident when I was 12. The cap has turned yellow and I want it fixed as it is my front tooth!

Thank you!,

Dawn

My dentist is happy to do in-office whitening, but he suggests trying the professional version of Crest Whitestrips first.

The name has changed, but I think the ones he recommends are now called Supreme.

He says most of his patients are satisfied with them and never bother to come back for more expensive methods.

My dentist is happy to do in-office whitening, but he suggests trying the professional version of Crest Whitestrips first.

The name has changed, but I think the ones he recommends are now called Supreme.

He says most of his patients are satisfied with them and never bother to come back for more expensive methods.

My dentist has recommended the same thing. Most of my dds used these are were very happy with them. They are not cheap. Somewhere around $35 - $40 per package. One of my dd did go ahead and get the professional whitening. It cost about $250 and she was happy with it.

Oh, you know, I think she mentioned that last year and I had forgotten about it.

Thanks. $50 is much less than $380.

Dawn