Menu

Connecting science within history rotation

AngelBee

Are there any programs that already do this?

I am interested in finding something like this. I feel like we focus a ton on history (which I love) but I think my boys in particular would rather do more science. A perfect world would be finding a way to combine them both within the timeframes.

So this is for ages 10 and 6?? Those Hakim books would be a bit much, at least from my looking at them. Are you already doing science? I'd find the hands-on spine to suit you and then bring in biographies from the juvenile biography section of your library. I'm doing this with my dd now, and it's the perfect solution to our problem.

Also, if you look at the science in WTM, they actually rotate through topics to, sort of loosely, correspond to what was happening in the 4 quadrants of history. But if you don't want to use WTM's rotation, just pick a happy spine and pull in history biographies and books on the topics. ACS has WONDERFUL materials (Wonderscience, Sunlight Skyscrapers and Sodapop, etc.).

So this is for ages 10 and 6?? Those Hakim books would be a bit much, at least from my looking at them. Are you already doing science? I'd find the hands-on spine to suit you and then bring in biographies from the juvenile biography section of your library. I'm doing this with my dd now, and it's the perfect solution to our problem.

Also, if you look at the science in WTM, they actually rotate through topics to, sort of loosely, correspond to what was happening in the 4 quadrants of history. But if you don't want to use WTM's rotation, just pick a happy spine and pull in history biographies and books on the topics. ACS has WONDERFUL materials (Wonderscience, Sunlight Skyscrapers and Sodapop, etc.).

For the 11, 8, and 6. (I have to update to reflect birthdays! :) ).

The main issue is that I tend to skip science. :confused: We get so caught up in history and the basics, science goes on the back burner. And they LOVE science!

So I was brainstorming that if I could tie it in somehow, we would cover it more.

Also the 18 yr old but we are on a different track with him as he came int oour family in March and has a lot of catching up to do.

http://www.greatscientistsseries.blogspot.com/

It doesn't have hands on tied in, but I am thinking of doing this myself. Well, I've thought of doing it. Still looking for the time.

I got the whole thing printed off and bound at Office Max. I just started with the ancients, but there is the middle ages too.

What an awesome resource! Thanks so much! :)