Menu

Do you have an only and a blog???

I am desperately in need of some inspiration. I have got my dd 13 home, but she is leaving to go to ps for high school. I will have my Kindergartener home next year alone. I am a little worried about her beiing bored or missing out on being with other children everyday. I would love to see what others who are homeschooling an only are doing. I am looking for play groups, but they are not many in my area. =( We will be doing storytime at the library, but that is at night for K'ers. Thank you!

:bigear:

Would love to hear this as well. DH is opposed to homeschooling DD as she's an only too and "homeschooling only really works for large families." :001_huh:

Here are a couple of blogs that I follow now:

http://satorismiles.com/

http://jimmiescollage.com/

They are great, but I would love to find a few more. I hope that these help a little.

I have an only for now (they will be almost 9 years apart when this one is born). Indy 8 and we're in our 3rd year of hsing. He does not miss being with other kids (probably because he has tons of friends). He gets loads of social interaction though as he goes everywhere with me. By the time this baby is old enough for K, Indy will be leaving to go to high school (dh and I agreed not to hs for high school), so he'll be alone too. My hs blog is in my siggy if you're interested in seeing what we do.

I have an only for now (they will be almost 9 years apart when this one is born). Indy 8 and we're in our 3rd year of hsing. He does not miss being with other kids (probably because he has tons of friends). He gets loads of social interaction though as he goes everywhere with me. By the time this baby is old enough for K, Indy will be leaving to go to high school (dh and I agreed not to hs for high school), so he'll be alone too. My hs blog is in my siggy if you're interested in seeing what we do.

Thank you!!! I am going to check out your blog!

:bigear:

Would love to hear this as well. DH is opposed to homeschooling DD as she's an only too and "homeschooling only really works for large families." :001_huh:

Nope. We've homeschooled ds since first grade. We started homeschooling for economic reasons, private school became too expensive. We continue to homeschool for many more reasons.

There are some many benefits to homeschooling an only, things that might not be as feasible in a larger family.