Menu

I am going to try this question over here also....

I have not used the DIVE CDs, but we have used the Red Wagon CDs by Steve Rosenoff. They are wonderful and add a great deal to the course. There are 3 hours of lectures per module, and he is really a fun and engaging instructor. The CDs also come with optional tests (superior to Apologia's tests IMO),and fill in the blank lecture notes. You can buy them on the Apologia web site, or get the most current version at the Red Wagon Tutorials web site (I just wanted to give you another option :)).

Blessings!!

I have not used the DIVE CDs, but we have used the Red Wagon CDs by Steve Rosenoff. They are wonderful and add a great deal to the course. There are 3 hours of lectures per module, and he is really a fun and engaging instructor. The CDs also come with optional tests (superior to Apologia's tests IMO),and fill in the blank lecture notes. You can buy them on the Apologia web site, or get the most current version at the Red Wagon Tutorials web site (I just wanted to give you another option :)).

Blessings!!

I have not heard of those-- off to check them out! Thanks :D

We haven't tried the DIVE program...but I did purchase the Audio CD and the Companion CD. Both of my girls have enjoyed them...

The Audio CD reads the book word-for-word. I have them follow along in the book.

The Companion CD has the pronunciations for difficult words and explanations of trickier concepts. (Is "trickier" word?? LOL)

Hi! I think the DIVE cds were originally designed to go along with BJU science texts (except for physics, which I think is tied to Saxon). However, my son used the DIVE chemistry cd last year along with both Apologia chemistry texts - it was a very successful year. The DIVE guy has syllabi telling you how to organize Apologia readings to go with the order of topics on the DIVE cd. If you are comfortable with letting DIVE be the course "driver" rather than feeling like you need to cover the book "in order," DIVE can work very well with Apologia - at least with Apologia chemistry! Hope this is helpful!

Blessings,

April

Hi! I think the DIVE cds were originally designed to go along with BJU science texts (except for physics, which I think is tied to Saxon). However, my son used the DIVE chemistry cd last year along with both Apologia chemistry texts - it was a very successful year. The DIVE guy has syllabi telling you how to organize Apologia readings to go with the order of topics on the DIVE cd. If you are comfortable with letting DIVE be the course "driver" rather than feeling like you need to cover the book "in order," DIVE can work very well with Apologia - at least with Apologia chemistry! Hope this is helpful!

Blessings,

April

Ok for some reason I could have sworn I saw DIVE dvd somewhere with Apologia but now that I look I dont see that anymore (they MUST have changed it because I can not be wrong ;))

Hello again!

If you go to the DIVE website, you can find the course instructor's plans for using DIVE with various textbooks, including BJU, Apologia, and a few secular titles. Abeka might be in there, too. I don't know about the Physical science course, but the chemistry course had options for using both Apologia texts, the first Apologia chem text plus internet readings, and just using the internet. Pretty flexible! I found the instruction to be valuable, even as a mom!

Blessings,

April