Menu

Screaming here......

I need to scream here so I don't do it at my child.

For the past FOUR years, repeat FOUR years, I have been telling my ds what parallel lines, perpendicular lines, quadrilateral, and parallelograms are. He is sitting here doing a math worksheet and staring at me blankly and saying, "I've never heard these terms before in my life."

REALLY?! I seem to remember just yesterday explaining them to him AGAIN for the 1 millionth time.

Oh, grant me unlimited patience!

My DS does that constantly.... And we could have learned it the month before :)

The neuropsychologist we saw told me that DS had a very efficient brain dumping system. If he doesn't use something all the time - he brain dumps it. We all do this - he just does it more. We had ot switch to Saxon - constant, boring, repetetive.....

My DS does that constantly.... And we could have learned it the month before :)

The neuropsychologist we saw told me that DS had a very efficient brain dumping system. If he doesn't use something all the time - he brain dumps it. We all do this - he just does it more. We had ot switch to Saxon - constant, boring, repetetive.....

This is why I stick with Saxon for my dd, though she would love something else. Like the Teaching Textbooks stuff her friends use. But no. Mom is a torturer.

I hear you! I created a cheat sheet for DS14 when he was about 5th grade with all the terms he kept zoning out on. By the time he got to 8th grade, he finally "knew" them well enough that he was not constantly looking them up.

That reminds me - I need to start a list for DD9!