Menu

1st Grade Science/Biology?

I think the plan on www.easyclassicalcurriculum.com looks good. It uses the main recommendations from WTM and adds Apologia material books in mid-upper elementary. They give you a binder with lesson plans on a Tuesday-Thursday schedule. I'm considering this because I would pay the $ to have this one subject area all planned out for me with materials I would use anyway; then I could save the time and effort for more individualized planning for history.

What do you think?

Warmly,

using The Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of Animals, and The Kingfisher First Encyclopedia of the Human Body as my primary resources.

I am using WTM recomendations for 1st and will look for something more for next year. I think WTM is plenty, but I need something a bit more planned.

We enjoyed Noeo Biology 1 and we used My Body (teacher created resources) with it when studying the human body. I recommend Noeo for folks who like learning through reading (great living books), want to build a home library of good science books that kids will read on their own, want a little hands on but don't need it daily or even weekly, don't want worksheets or tests, and don't mind paying a bit for someone else to do the planning for them. Science gets done here and we're enjoying using Noeo.