Menu

Where to find Macaroni Grill style sundried tomatoes??

:bigear: My local Macaroni Grill used to sell their sundried tomatoes but don't anymore and I can't find anything else like it. Does anyone know of another one similar or a really good one they can recommend? I have bought so many types of sundried tomatoes in jars, dried you name it and I can never find ones that taste like those ones that they have at the restaurant.

Thanks to all who reply. :)

My DH used to be a manager of the Macaroni Grill, I called him and he can't remember. I even looked through his MGR cookbook, no mention of the type. You can probably call them and they will tell you, that sort of stuff isn't really that big of a deal, and they probably change suppliers often anyway.

Lara

My DH used to be a manager of the Macaroni Grill, I called him and he can't remember. I even looked through his MGR cookbook, no mention of the type. You can probably call them and they will tell you, that sort of stuff isn't really that big of a deal, and they probably change suppliers often anyway.

Lara

Oh Lara you are so sweet. Thank you for your efforts. I'll try to call them today and see what I can find out. :)

If you find out, would you let us know? :001_smile: I would call a large restaurant supply company as well and ask what they have available. If you have an old package they may have information on there as a beginning place.

If I find out I will update here for sure. :) I swear, I have the recipe for the Pasta Milano all figured out, but for the sundried tomatoes. grrrr

I love anything with sun-dried tomatoes in it. And goat cheese. :D

Oh man, I make this pizza with a thin crust, a garlic and olive oil "sauce", red onion slices, red, green and yellow bell peppers and goat cheese. It's so good. I get such strong cravings for that stuff sometimes. Sun-dried tomatoes makes everything taste so good. :)

• 1 year later...
If you find out, would you let us know? :001_smile: I would call a large restaurant supply company as well and ask what they have available. If you have an old package they may have information on there as a beginning place.

Yes! I found one that is very similar to Macaroni Grill's. :) It's this one. Apparently they sell them in some grocery store chains, but I haven't found them in my area. I got mine from amazon.

You see! I told you I'd update this thread when I found them. :p

The Pasta Milano is my favorite! :tongue_smilie: I don't even think about ordering anything else. Could you pretty please post your recipe?

well, it's not perfect, but it's close enough for me. I'll be happy to share it with you. :) Give me a bit to think about it. I don't have it written down so I'll have to visualize all the steps in order to write it out for you. I'll update soon. :) :)

Yes! I found one that is very similar to Macaroni Grill's. :) It's this one. Apparently they sell them in some grocery store chains, but I haven't found them in my area. I got mine from amazon.

You see! I told you I'd update this thread when I found them. :p

They have some that are sold in a jar with oil and herbs, I prefer them to the dried and bagged ones.

I think walmart sells them, as does Kroger