Menu

UILEWH

Forgive me if this has already been covered [i did search, but didn't come up with anything] as I haven't been around much in a while, but does anyone have any idea why the Usborne Internet-Linked Encyclopedia of World History is going for $200 on Amazon? It looks like it is still available from Usborne directly for regular price, but I wondered if maybe a new edition is coming out and I should wait? Or?

Thanks!

Maybe an Usborne consultant will chime in. I'd guess there is a new edition coming out. Amazon used to sell it--I bought it there for less that $14 last year.

That's what I'm wondering. If there is a new one coming out, I'd really like to hold off if possible and get the newest.......

Thanks all!

Whatever the answer turns out to be, I highly recommend that you consider buying the library edition. I got mine used like new, but I'd have bought it new from a consultant if I hadn't found a used copy. The library edition binding should hold up much better than the paperback or regular hardback bindings. Around here, UILEWH gets heavy use!

There is a new edition out. It's here http://www.amazon.com/Usborne-Encyclopedia-World-History/dp/0794526888/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_1

It's also available in paperback, but it's out of stock right now.

Kim

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't look like the internet-linked version? The ONLY reason I'm being even thinking about buying it [we have the Kingfisher world history book] is that I've been using History Odyssey, and for a few chapters, the UILE is the only source. :/ In which case, maybe it would be best to get the version that HO refers to, huh?

• 2 months later...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't look like the internet-linked version? The ONLY reason I'm being even thinking about buying it [we have the Kingfisher world history book] is that I've been using History Odyssey, and for a few chapters, the UILE is the only source. :/ In which case, maybe it would be best to get the version that HO refers to, huh?

I have the one with the mask on the cover, not the one pictured, but the one pictured says "with internet links" on the cover.