Menu

What would you do with left over pork loin?

I have about 1# of left over pork loin and need ideas for dinner. I also have fresh carrots, frozen broccoli, green beans, peas, corn and canned green beans, peas, chili beans, kidney beans. I don't have any potatoes, but have plenty of pasta and rice. I have a pretty full pantry; these are the items I can recall off the top of my head.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for all your replies! Have questions below.

Fried rice? Any soy sauce?

Yes, I have soy sauce, how would I make this?

I would shred and do egg rolls, but then that negates the whole idea of using whats in the pantry.

LOL, you're right, but we don't like egg rolls anyway.

Tonight I would shred it, mix some barbecue sauce over it and serve it on buns with chips and raw veggies.

We had BBQ meatballs last night.

You could do a sweet and sour pork with stir fried veggies over rice.

How do you make sweet and sour pork?

What, exactly, is this? And how do you do it?

A Cuban sandwich is made on Cuban bread which I don't have. I used a hoagie roll instead.

I sliced open the roll and put mustard on both sides.

I added a slice of Swiss cheese on each side.

On one side only, I placed slices of pork loin to cover the cheese.

Add a few sliced dill pickles and one slice of ham.

Place other half of roll on top

I preheated my oven to 475 degrees with the 2 cookie sheets and iron skillet in side.

Once heated, I removed one cookie sheet and placed all 4 sandwiches on it and immediately placed it back on the oven rack. I put the second cookie sheet on top and my iron skillet on top of the the second cookie sheet.

I am not sure on the length of time I had them in the oven: 5 to 10 minutes maybe. I just waited to see the cheese melting.

A Cuban sandwich is made on Cuban bread which I don't have. I used a hoagie roll instead.

I sliced open the roll and put mustard on both sides.

I added a slice of Swiss cheese on each side.

On one side only, I placed slices of pork loin to cover the cheese.

Add a few sliced dill pickles and one slice of ham.

Place other half of roll on top

I preheated my oven to 475 degrees with the 2 cookie sheets and iron skillet in side.

Once heated, I removed one cookie sheet and placed all 4 sandwiches on it and immediately placed it back on the oven rack. I put the second cookie sheet on top and my iron skillet on top of the the second cookie sheet.

I am not sure on the length of time I had them in the oven: 5 to 10 minutes maybe. I just waited to see the cheese melting.

The cookie sheets and the iron skillet serve the same purpose as a sandwich press, correct? But you pre-heat them?

The cookie sheets and the iron skillet serve the same purpose as a sandwich press, correct? But you pre-heat them?

Yes, the sheets and skillet are my sandwich press, and I did pre-heat them. This was my first try. I was going after a crispy crust and creamy inside which I did acheive.

I also started with a good quality all natural bread. There was no need to oil the sheets either.

Thanks so much for all your replies! Have questions below.

How do you make sweet and sour pork?

I know it's too late now for dinner last night, but you can either buy jarred sweet and sour sauce, or make your own. Most of the recipes I've used call for pineapple and the juice. One I use is 1 c pineapple juice, 1/4 c sugar, 2 T vinegar, splash of lemon juice and then thickened with about 2T of cornstarch. You can use the pineapple pieces in the mixture w/ the pork and veggies, and either pour the sauce over all of it or let each person use as much as they want.