Menu

s/o binding...cookbook is missing cover..

I have a paper edition of Joy of cooking that is missing the cover and is in 3 sections. I would love to have it bound again, but am wondering, should I make up my own cardboard cover for them to include with it? The pages are thin (Think paper back book thin) and I am wondering if it will hold together without the cover on it.

Or should I not bother and buy a new one.

I would make a cover out of cardstock. Are you thinking of a coil binding and putting it back together, or binding it in the different parts? If you do 1 coil binding and make a cover from cardstock, you'll probably be at less than $4, can you buy the book for cheaper? Other than the falling apart part, are there things that you don't like about the one you have now?

I am thinking of a coil binding and yes, I would do the whole thing together..it fell apart on the pages I use it the most, but not necessarily at nice dividing points. I don't use it a lot, but I think I would use it more if it was user friendly.

I will check to see if I can find it cheaper..that makes sense.

For the most part, I'd think it would be way less hassle to just get a new one--maybe used--but I think you should take your most-used recipes out of the old one & frame them somehow. That way, the old one isn't just completely trash, AND you don't have to look those recipes up any more. Maybe add something pretty to the sides. :001_smile:

For the most part, I'd think it would be way less hassle to just get a new one--maybe used--but I think you should take your most-used recipes out of the old one & frame them somehow. That way, the old one isn't just completely trash, AND you don't have to look those recipes up any more. Maybe add something pretty to the sides. :001_smile:

If it were me I'd go with buying a new one and taking the most used recipes from the old book and putting them in page protectors to add to my 3 ring binder of most used recipes.

Cute idea..maybe I should scrapbook them..assuming they are in the new one.