Menu

Is it too late to cook beans in a crockpot at 11am?

Yes, I boiled and rinsed them 3 times after soaking them overnight. It's supposed to help with the gassiness. We'll see. I think I'll go ahead and do it and check them later. I guess I can always put them on high later to finish cooking them faster before dinner. Hope it works or we'll be having sandwiches, but comforting beans and cornbread sounds so much better...

We do cajun dishes like black or red beans and rice, use black beans in dirty rice or gumbo, sub black and/or pinto for the meat in lots of mexican dishes, stir cooked white beans into oven baked mac n cheese (before baking), 15 bean soup, white beans in bean with bacon soup, vegetarian chili with lentils, black beans, red beans, and barley, sub lentils and barley for beef in sloppy joes...

There are lots of great recipes at a vegetarian blog called 101 Cookbooks.

We do cajun dishes like black or red beans and rice, use black beans in dirty rice or gumbo, sub black and/or pinto for the meat in lots of mexican dishes, stir cooked white beans into oven baked mac n cheese (before baking), 15 bean soup, white beans in bean with bacon soup, vegetarian chili with lentils, black beans, red beans, and barley, sub lentils and barley for beef in sloppy joes...

There are lots of great recipes at a vegetarian blog called 101 Cookbooks.

Yummy! Thanks for the ideas.:)

i wish i had read this earlier!! i wanted to put on a pot of red beans this a.m. in the crock pot but I had NOT soaked them :( by noon I was thinking I shoulda started beans this a.m.

I always cook them in the crock pot but I usually have them on by 8 a.m. and cook them till 5 or 6 p.m. so I don't really know how long it takes till they or done. IMO beans in the crock pot on lo can cook all day:D