Menu

Please suggest a Kindle freebie: looking for a modern novel that isn't trashy

I like historical fiction or Christian fiction (modern--no Amish or Little House on the Prairie-type stuff); mild suspense is fine, as long as there is no blood/gore, sex, or profanity. I do NOT like "romance novels" a la Harlequin, etc. I enjoy Francine Rivers, Frank Peretti, JRR Tolkein, and C.S. Lewis--just so you know the type of books I like. Got anything for me?

Edited by ereks mom

I really like the Miss Julia books by Ann B Ross, a whole series, clean and Miss Julia is a bit uppity at times, but very lovable. Modern southern setting/older lady who's husband dies and leaves her by surprise his mistress and son- sounds horrible, and you feel bad for her at first, but she surprises the town and herself..and she keeps getting into these little mysteries, each book has a mystery she finds herself in the middle of.

I really like the Miss Julia books by Ann B Ross, a whole series, clean and Miss Julia is a bit uppity at times, but very lovable. Modern southern setting/older lady who's husband dies and leaves her by surprise his mistress and son- sounds horrible, and you feel bad for her at first, but she surprises the town and herself..and she keeps getting into these little mysteries, each book has a mystery she finds herself in the middle of.

Sounds perfect! But they aren't freebies. :(