Menu

PSAT Junior year results - any year they took it

What range did your junior year student score on the PSAT?  

1. 1. What range did your junior year student score on the PSAT?

• 220-240
    • 200-220
    • 180-200
    • 160-180
    • 140-160
    • 120-140
    • < 120
    • My junior didn't take the test, but I wish they had.
    • My junior didn't take the test because they have no need for it.
    • My junior didn't take the test because I didn't think they'd make NMSF.

This is going to be a poll, so if you're quick, let the poll get set up first. :)

I'm curious as to how WTM homeschoolers do on the PSAT, but don't want anyone to feel they need to go public with scores. This also doesn't need to be from this year's test. If you've had a homeschooled junior take the test, which range did they score in? I'm going to try to allow multiple choices for those of us with multiple kids, but it probably won't work for 2 or more in the same range.

My oldest scored 189 as a junior, but my middle took it for the first time this year as a junior and scored 217, so I certainly hope her score doesn't go down to where my oldest was. I was pretty sure my middle dd would be a national merit contender. She's two points above what the cutoff was for Texas last year, so I think she has a good shot at it next year. The only place she can really improve is in math. She only missed one question in critical reading and two in writing. She found doing a sample test paired with a strategy session VERY useful. The ps where she took the test offered the sample test/strategy session for just $10.

Both my guys took the PSAT as sophomores and came out with exactly the same score (204), although the distributions were different. As juniors, they both improved substantially - both are in your top category. Older son was a NMF, and, based on scores, we are hopeful that younger son will be in the same boat! I really believe that being homeschooled and understanding the significance of the test made the difference for our family.

Blessings,

April

my poll results didn't show up, so I am going to try again to enter them :)

It worked! :)

Edited by April in CA

Ds did okay but not great. He knew he didn't do well the day he took it. He was sick and didn't sleep well the night before. He got a 176 which is the same as he placed as a sophmore. LOL Since then he has had a year of honors classes and spent a term in full time college. I am sure his skills have improved some-what over the past 12mths LOL. Oh well, I am sure he will do much better on the SAT.

Ds did okay but not great. He knew he didn't do well the day he took it. He was sick and didn't sleep well the night before. He got a 176 which is the same as he placed as a sophmore. LOL Since then he has had a year of honors classes and spent a term in full time college. I am sure his skills have improved some-what over the past 12mths LOL. Oh well, I am sure he will do much better on the SAT.

I am so sorry about your son's experience! Obviously, he has the chops to do well in college. Hopefully he will feel better when he takes the SAT!

Blessings,

April