Menu

Christmas Cookie exchange--recipe needed!!

I "borrowed" a great and simple idea from Alton Brown.

Mix up a batch of sugar cookie dough and cool in fridge. Split dough into two balls. Melt chocolate chips and mix into one of the balls. Crush peppermint candy canes very fine and mix into the other ball. Roll out the chocolate dough, then roll out the peppermint dough and lay it on top of the chocolate. Roll into a log and slice. Bake as directed in your recipe.

You end up with the most delicious chocolate and peppermint spiral sugar cookies. Gorgeous and they look like you spent HOURS baking them, so perfect for impressing folks at a cookie exchange!

I "borrowed" a great and simple idea from Alton Brown.

Mix up a batch of sugar cookie dough and cool in fridge. Split dough into two balls. Melt chocolate chips and mix into one of the balls. Crush peppermint candy canes very fine and mix into the other ball. Roll out the chocolate dough, then roll out the peppermint dough and lay it on top of the chocolate. Roll into a log and slice. Bake as directed in your recipe.

You end up with the most delicious chocolate and peppermint spiral sugar cookies. Gorgeous and they look like you spent HOURS baking them, so perfect for impressing folks at a cookie exchange!

this sounds so good...how many cookies would a batch make?? I suposse it would depend on the sugar cokie recipe...but if the recipe says it makes 3 dozen....would it be safe to say it would make 3 dozen of these cookies too??