Menu

dd9 wants a knitting machine, anyone have any ideas?

I have no idea how to knit. I crochet. Sometime recently, my dd9 saw a commercial about some sort of knitting machine. I think it's some sort of loom that you wrap the tread around and then voila! you've knitted something. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Or better yet, does anyone have a better suggestion? I think this thing was in the $20 price range.

fyi, this would be a Christmas present for her.

thanks bunches

Was it a Nifty Knitter? If so, you can do a search on here-it's been talked about before-just last wk I asked a question on which one to get, etc. and people were very helpful. BTW, people seem to love it-I didn't hear or read anything bad about it on here, just all good reports, and I did end up buying one for dd10 for Christmas.

My daughter received a Knifty Knitter set for her 8th birthday and she has made hats for everyone in the family with it. It is not a machine, but a loom. You can get them at Michael's, AC Moore, Joanne Fabric. They have complete sets or you can just buy individual looms.

Lisa

I just bought it at Michael's-it is the kind that makes FOUR sizes of hats for $14.99 and THEN the 40% off (you can print a coupon online)-I was so happy! :)

Walmart carries them but didn't have any selection, plus more expensive than that Michael's coupon.

Don't forget the yarn! That thread I started about it had some nice person telling what kinds of yarn are good.

You can get knitting looms from Walmart, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or Joanne. They come in a set of 3 or 4 in different sizes/colors. The last 3 stores have discount coupons so you can get a set for 40% off. Your dd might also enjoy having a couple skeins of her own yarn, too. I'm guessing they use worsted weight or thicker. My dd wants one of these, too, so I'll be looking into them as well.

Cinder