Menu

We really tried getting school work done today...

but the freshly fallen snow was calling our name. We are so far behind on schoolwork I'm going to regret it later, but I couldn't resist letting them go out and play in it while the PS kids were still in school. We just moved here and where we lived previously didn't get snow (although my kids have seen it and played in it before). They love it and are having a blast.

We've gotten some work done today, but ds will be heading outside pretty soon to play. I'm the mean mom who made him work this morning, despite the fresh snow, but he didn't seem to mind. We did a haiku about snow, so we'll print that nicely, make a snowflake as a background, and hang it up to surprise Daddy before he heads out to play.

Since we have a blizzard warning issued for this evening and tomorrow morning, I let the boys go outside to play while it's calm after doing just a little bit of schoolwork. We'll do the rest of it this evening. The weather's going to be too nasty tomorrow for much playing.