Menu

What's after 4th grade First Language Lessons?

Guest StateDOG

Guest StateDOG

My daughter just finished Level 4 of First Language Lessons. There are no other books offered in that series.

Is there a recommendation of what to move onto next? Is it a product from w/in the Well Trained Mind curriculum? Or is there another curriculum that most move onto?

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering that myself. We are finishing with the first book this and I really like it, but I'm wondering what comes after 4th grade. If nothing is planned then I'm thinking about just continuing with A Beka, which is what we're doing along side of FLL to keep some continuity. Does anyone know anything about this? Or have any plans?

We decided to use A Beka "God's Gift of Language" - It has a lot of bright colors and cute pictures which at first, my 10 year old son did not like. However, after using it for a bit, he seemed to get over it.lol

I think so far, the lessons are easy for him to actually do a lot on his own. So that is a plus.

So far so good.

:)

PS: he is in 5th grade level. Used all the First languages. They became too repetitive. Glad for something new.

We finished FLL4 and moved right into R&S English 5 without skipping a beat. I thought the two programs really complemented each other well. R&S may seem a bit repetitive at first in terms of some FLL4 areas but new topics are soon sprinkled in. The thing to remember about R&S is that you don't have to do EVERYTHING that is available. If your child gets a concept, you don't need to do everything offered for a given lesson.