Menu

I got my white board at Lowe's AND went to the Library book sale!!

I just got home with my new very LARGE white board (called panel board at Lowe's). They cut it in 2 and the smaller one the kids can play and write on. It's a little more floppy than I had counted on so I'll have to figure out what I can lean it on.

Also....dd7 REALLY wanted to go to the library bk sale so....we went. I wasn't tired like I was last night so it seemed more like a fun idea this am! lol

The traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it might be - I did have to circle the library a few times (it's a HUGE HUGE library!!!) - I couldn't find a parking garage. I did get to park on the street and of course being the "city girl" that I am - completely forgot to put $$ in the parking meter. Ooops!

We found some good books - nothing that made me skip home but.... I did find a lot of new chapter bks for dd7 to read, a set of 8 Grolier Earth Science bks, a couple easy read bks, The Beginning Reader's Treasury: Ready...Set...Read - which looks great for the younger 2,...and a bunch of regular bks to add to their shelves. The girls were very good too which made me super happy.

And...to top it off - right next to where they had the library sale - they had early voting so I popped over there (it was empty) and I did that!! So...one more thing to cross off my list!! No running around Tues with munchkins in tow to mess with lines of people!!! Yay!!

So - even tho my day *looks* productive - I have to admit... we didn't get any school in.....BUT.... there's always tomorrow. :D

So - even tho my day *looks* productive - I have to admit... we didn't get any school in.....BUT.... there's always tomorrow. :D

A trip to the library AND a civics field trip? Nay, girl, I'd say you did just fine.

Monday's lesson -- the electoral process! Set up secret ballots for choosing their favorite supper on those new white boards. :)

Hey Pster ~

Good going today. I was trying to be a smarty pants and find a way to make an "L" alliteration -- Lowe's, Library, and...Legislate? :rolleyes:

I saw your posts about your dh. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the stress of that. Know that you are in my thoughts.

Doran

I think so too! The girls have already found 2 or 3 markers that don't wipe off!! :rolleyes:

Now if I can keep them from extending their drawings and getting marker on the white walls.....(we are renting) - we'll be in good shape! lol

I just got home with my new very LARGE white board...

Also....dd7 REALLY wanted to go to the library bk sale so....we went. I wasn't tired like I was last night so it seemed more like a fun idea this am! lol

So - even tho my day *looks* productive - I have to admit... we didn't get any school in.....BUT.... there's always tomorrow.

NO, tomorrow you must run to Ikea and get some Billy bookcases. colors-borg.gif

borg.gif

borg.gif borg.gif

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have any great ideason how to hold up that panel board? I just heard about it on an IEW video, and was thinking about tossing all me smaller boards. But we do school in our kitchen, and I'd like to find a way to use it on our breakfast bar. Then I can take it off/on as needed.

Thanks!!

Do you have a wall? YOu could drill holes in it and hang it up when you need it. DH did that for a thing he build for Best Buy once.

Otherwise, it's pretty awkward to deal with - i have mine hanging on the wall. I'd suggest a trip to go check out the board and see how it will work for you.