Menu

What are your all time favorite or favorite right now cookbooks?

I am a huge fan of Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa). I have all her cookbooks except for the latest one. I catered oldest dd's Bat Mitzvah for 150 people and would not have made it without Ina. There wasn't a morsel left. Guests asked me if they could take the leftovers home. She not only has fabulous recipes but she has a way of telling you how to casually turn out great food and still have time to enjoy your guests. That was really important to me because we regularly had 12 -15 people over for Friday night Shabbat dinners and every other holiday.

My faves are Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook (original and ultimate versions),

Slow & Easy: Fast-Fix Recipes for Your Electric Slow Cooker, and

Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade on for the slow cooker (can't remember the exact name)

Taste of Home has one, too, that has some good basic recipes.

do you want healthy? "regular" american food (using, for example, cream of mushroom concentrate)-not as healthy? vegetarian?

Though I do use cream of occasionally, I don't like to do it too often. I would love to find more along the lines of vegetarian...but good vegetarian. Something that would make a meat and potatoes type of guy happy.

I figured out how to make cabbage rolls in a crockpot ;) But even that takes a bit of prep first.

check out crockpot365.blogspot.com. I can't believe the stuff she made in a crockpot.

My good ol' Betty Crocker is my go-to. I actually don't use it for many of the recipes (except for cookies), but I love it for instructions on things like steaming potatoes or hard-boiling eggs. Things that I don't do often enough to remember how to do.

I like the Taste of Home line of magazines a lot. I've been to their cooking show when it's been here locally the last several years and I use several of the recipes over and over again.

Right now I'm using a lot of recipes from a blog called http://www.ourbestbites.com. I also like allrecipes.com. You almost can't go wrong with a 4 or 5 star recipe at allrecipes.

I would love to find more along the lines of vegetarian...but good vegetarian. Something that would make a meat and potatoes type of guy happy.

I'd say the Moosewood Restaurant fast and easy cookbook. I cooked a bunch of stuff from it one day last week. Dd didn't even realize the food was vegetarian. Dh figured it out pretty quick, but ate a bit of everything.

I'd say the Moosewood Restaurant fast and easy cookbook. I cooked a bunch of stuff from it one day last week. Dd didn't even realize the food was vegetarian. Dh figured it out pretty quick, but ate a bit of everything.

Thanks, I didn't realise that was a veg one. I'll look it up ;)

ACK! Which one do you have? There's a whole line up of them! http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Moosewood+Restaurant&x=16&y=15