Menu

Does anyone know of a website where . . .

. . . I can enter what my kids ate today and it will tell me how much of various nutrients that they got versus what they should get?

(Thought that would be a fun project to go along with our study of nutrition.)

Well, not versus, but you probably could find what you need at nutritiondata.com. They have so many resources!

http://www.mypyramid.gov has that. It's not a terribly intuitive site, but once you've played with it a bit, it's easy enough to use. You can enter your child's specs and then enter what you've eaten and it'll calculate all of the nutrients (down to the gnat's end) and show you the comparison of dc's intake alongside the current recommendations.

You can opt to "check it out" (without entering personal info), or you can set up a profile and track your eating habits with it.

HTH,

Dy

I just went to the My Pyramid site and entered a typical day's intake for my son, kind of dreading what I would find out. But, actually, he's doing pretty well. He's a little high on sodium (not a big surprise) and a little low on fiber, but well within acceptable ranges on everything else.

Interesting to see. Thanks for sharing this!