Menu

Which winter Crocs?

We've only had the Mammoth, and I wasn't really a fan. They got stinky really fast, and everything stuck to them (leaves, dirt, etc). Theoretically, you can take the liners off to wash them, but in practice it was a big PITA to actually do. In fact, I never quite figured it out. I finally tore the lining out so they could wear them without it.

We've only had the Mammoth, and I wasn't really a fan. They got stinky really fast, and everything stuck to them (leaves, dirt, etc). Theoretically, you can take the liners off to wash them, but in practice it was a big PITA to actually do. In fact, I never quite figured it out. I finally tore the lining out so they could wear them without it.

I think I've seen people wearing the Mammoth ones I always thought they looked grungy, but then the fleece was white. I think I'm leaning toward the Blitzen Polar, which look like they have a lower pile than the Mammoth. I'd also probably go with a darker color as well. Would love to hear from someone who's used the Polar though. Thanks for the info on the Mammoth.

I'm an avid Croc fan and have been looking at them for myself. I haven't decided for sure yet but I'll probably go with the Blitzen Corduroy. My reasoning is that I think they would be easier to spot clean. An additional bonus - they look "sleeker" than the others.

They do look sleeker but I'm wondering if they'd be as warm and soft?

I have the mammoth and I do like it. The lining does get worn looking over time which is my only issue (I have the light colored lining, I think the black may wear better). I haven't had a problem with smell or removing the liner for washing (though I did machine wash the linings rather than hand washing and I think they shrunk a little as one of the linings doesn't want to stay up on the top of the croc now).

With that said, I would probably try the corduroy ones if I was to buy another pair. When I bought mine, the mammoth was the only winter style they had. I like the look of some of the new ones better.

My dd had either the Blitzen or the Mammoth and got extremely annoyed at how grass spears and other things always got stuck in the furry part.

Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning heavily towards the Polar. The material looks like minky fabric, which is super soft. Wish I could feel them and know for sure.