Menu

Please pray for me

Today I called a local hospital after seeing a listed on their site for a laundry and salad aide.

No age was specified, and no previous experience was required as they train you on the spot.

I don't know if they usually hire 17-year-olds, but I am hoping the recruitment office will at least call me back and advise me.

This isn't an immediate necessity, and I understand lots of families do need jobs, but I would really appreciate if you could all pray for me and this opportunity.

It would really help me with college payments and my future career.

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I also plan on calling a lot of daycare centers on Monday to see about their age policies, so please pray something will come my way.

i hope you get the job! :)

i don't know what it's like where you live, but 17 year olds here usually get hired at fast food places, grocery stores, walmart, clothing stores in the mall, movie theater, stuff like that...you might want to check those sorts of places.

[oh and lifeguards at the pool - that's another common teen job]

Check at the hospital cafeteria as well. I worked in one when I was in high school and the pay was better than a fast-food place. You may also want to see what the minimum age requirement is for a bank teller. That was my summer job in college... again, better pay than the typical teenager jobs.

You may also get better pay as a mother's helper or private day care provider. Maybe ask around and see if any families are looking for someone to provide part-time, in-home care. Many are now that families are looking for additional part-time income.

Check at the hospital cafeteria as well. I worked in one when I was in high school and the pay was better than a fast-food place. You may also want to see what the minimum age requirement is for a bank teller. That was my summer job in college... again, better pay than the typical teenager jobs.

You may also get better pay as a mother's helper or private day care provider. Maybe ask around and see if any families are looking for someone to provide part-time, in-home care. Many are now that families are looking for additional part-time income.

Thank you everyone!

Well, the message I left the Recruitment office was really general. I just told them I was 17 and homeschooled, and was looking for any job in the hospital that would allow me at my age to work there. I mentioned I wanted to get hospital experience for my future career.

Hopefully, they'll take pity on me. Lol.

I did post awhile ago my mother's helper services on a homeschool group Yahoo! group but have gotten no offers. I babysit occasionally but only with 2 families.

If the hospital job doesn't pan out, do try daycares. I worked at one while going to college, I was over 18, but there were several high school girls who helped out in the afternoons. Daycares have a high turn over rate and often have openings.

Yeah. I'm definitely calling a bunch on Monday.

The one nearest my home hires only teachers, but there are a few more in about 40 minute walking distant I could work at.

If they won't hire me until I am 18, I turn 18 October of my Senior Year so I can start saving then, but it would be amazing if I could start now.

I'm also hoping my very flexible schedule will help them to consider me seriously.

Edited by BeatleMania