Menu

My Little Pony Cake Ideas?

This is not the most creative thing, but I have often times bought a new set of whatever character my child likes an set it on top of the cake. You can add silk flowers around it to make it look nicer. The bonus part is the child gets a new toy too. My kids always have loved the special birthday cake toy they weren't expecting to get.

I've used the kid's play pieces or I've purchased, for $5, a set from Kroger or any other grocery store. If they do a My Little Pony Cake, then you could certainly buy the cake topper set and be ready to go. My girls always ask for a specific color of cake, so i don't have to worry so much about that.

Hmmm... The little "Ponyville" ponies are the perfect size to use as cake toppers. You could paint a scene with frosting- perhaps a rainbow would work with the shape of the cake? Then add a couple of ponies frolicking at the end of the rainbow? Or you could cut the cake in half and make two rainbows. Just an idea!

-Robin

I made a rainbow cake with a rainbow My Little Pony for decor and multi-colored M&Ms to make the rainbow. I used a round pan, cut it in half and stood it on it's side. You might be able to do something like it with a Bundt cake.

Hmmm... The little "Ponyville" ponies are the perfect size to use as cake toppers. You could paint a scene with frosting- perhaps a rainbow would work with the shape of the cake? Then add a couple of ponies frolicking at the end of the rainbow? Or you could cut the cake in half and make two rainbows. Just an idea!

-Robin

I used the ponyville ponies for my dd's 4th bday cake - they have a birthday set - found a link at toys r us.

This is not the most creative thing, but I have often times bought a new set of whatever character my child likes an set it on top of the cake. You can add silk flowers around it to make it look nicer. The bonus part is the child gets a new toy too. My kids always have loved the special birthday cake toy they weren't expecting to get.

Yep, I did this one year and found a birthday My Little Pony set that had a toy cake in it that was muscial and played "Happy Birthday." It was a huge hit!

Coming in late, but my new favorite way to do cake decor is with rolled marzipan (sugared almond paste). It tastes yummy, too. I just roll it out, cut it to the shapes I need, then paint it using a paintbrush and food or candy coloring.

Here's a little Transformers cake that I did for my dear nephew (it's a little blurry, sorry):

optimus.jpg

Shaped 3-D marzipan is fun, too, but flat stuff is infinitely easier to me. :)

Please post your cake. I love to get new ideas. :lurk5: