Menu

online calorie counting place...

my youngest son is a swimmer so needs lots of calories, but he also has had pancreatitis and is on a very low fat diet. So I have looked for some online calorie counting places.

one that we can keep track of the food we eat and they help keep the calorie counts and counts for fats and other stuff.

Anyone have one that they like? Why do you like it?

I'm using fitday right now but there are things I don't like so I'm looking for a more user friendly place

I just signe up at an about.com calorie counting

I also found the one I was really lookign for was fitday.com

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html

Livestrong has one

http://www.livestrong.com/diet-and-nutrition/

someone gave me this one too

www.thedailyplate.com

Right now I am at Fitday, it is fairly easy but I'd like one easier.

one that one bumps you off after about 5 minutes so it isn't like we can go there andleave it up all day and just post as he eats.

Do have a smart phone? There are some apps that do this.

Most of the websites are set up as weight loss aids. This means there is a process each time you login and they won't generally keep you logged in all day.

That said, there are a lot of downloadable spreadsheets out there that you can type in, that would be easier than a website.

Do have a smart phone? There are some apps that do this.

Most of the websites are set up as weight loss aids. This means there is a process each time you login and they won't generally keep you logged in all day.

That said, there are a lot of downloadable spreadsheets out there that you can type in, that would be easier than a website.

nah basic phone person here.

yes most are weight loss but I do think some ask if you are trying to gain weight.

and I like the online program so that we don't have to put in all the numbers. I can set things up and it adds in the nutrients/fats/protiens etc

Myfitnesspal.com is a good one. It has a large database and you can customize the screen columns to highlight fat, protein, carbs, sugar, etc. that you want. I don't think it bumps you off.

have you used it. that is the other that has some things I do like, but I think I didn't like the way you had to choose the food to put in

I love Sparkpeople. It has quite the learning curve, but once the nutrition page is figured out, it's a breeze. It only takes a minute or so to input what I've eaten, and there are so many users now that almost everything I eat has already been input, so it's just a matter of typing in the food name. I like it because when you're done plugging the info in, you can see a chart which breaks things down into whichever catagories you want: be it specific vitamins, fats, carbs, etc.

I love Sparkpeople. It has quite the learning curve, but once the nutrition page is figured out, it's a breeze. It only takes a minute or so to input what I've eaten, and there are so many users now that almost everything I eat has already been input, so it's just a matter of typing in the food name. I like it because when you're done plugging the info in, you can see a chart which breaks things down into whichever catagories you want: be it specific vitamins, fats, carbs, etc.

:iagree:

www.sparkpeople.com lets you stay logged in all day. The only possible problem is that they might not let people under 18 years old use it. You could check it out though; I've been using it for awhile and really like it. And I just leave it open in a tab in my browser all day and add food as I eat it.

Thanks I'll check it out again. and you are right they don't let most under 18 to do it. I am setting up the account. I really have to have something that is helping me to keep the accounting for the fats

Edited by ZooRho

thanks for the details.

www.sparkpeople.com lets you stay logged in all day. The only possible problem is that they might not let people under 18 years old use it. You could check it out though; I've been using it for awhile and really like it. And I just leave it open in a tab in my browser all day and add food as I eat it.

checked this one out it seems really nice and complete and it doesn't bump me off in 5 minutest very useful since I can just leave it up all day for him to add stuff in.

they do have a teens place but I couldn't change the calories on there.