Menu

DD is doing Math independently!

parias1126

To say this of my DD8 is just completely a huge huge huge step for her! She has NEVER been able to do Math on her own. She will not even attempt it if I walk away for a minute. My DS6 has done his math independently since K. I have been waiting for this day!

I honestly believe I have CLE to thank! I love love love this Math curriculum! I never thought I would say I loved a math curriculum for this child. She sat down this morning before I even got into the schoolroom and had her math almost finished!

I still can not believe it! I was such a proud momma today that I took the kids to see Ramona and Beezus (which I would never usually do in the middle of the day on a weekday since movies are so expensive).

I still can't believe it. Usually math takes an hour just by itself. Last Monday we start at 9 a.m and worked until 3 p.m. Today because we didn't spend so much time on Math, we started at 9 a.m. and finished at NOON! Even with Science and Art!

I AM STILL IN SHOCK! :D

Our 2nd day of independent working! She didn't ask for help with anything today! She quickly moved on after math to her GWG, read the directions and completed the assignment in FIVE minutes!

Wow oh wow! I think we are off to a great start this year!

Right now she is even reading without being asked! Amazing!

I understand!

I would always have to sit right beside my ds during math. I was beginning to think that it was never going to end! However, over the last few weeks he has started completing pages of math all by himself--no help, crying, melting down, or struggle.

Our success has been through Math Mammoth though. It's wonderful when you finally find the right math to fit your kiddo, isn't it?

Congrats!!!!! And enjoy all that newfound free time! :D