Menu

Do any of you have stainless steel appliances?

Are they as bad for finger prints as people say? I have 5 kids 7 and under so lots of little fingers!! I wipe my appliances down pretty much daily anyway but I mean if its just a matter of them touching them and it leaving prints I think I'd be going crazy keeping them shiny!! TIA:001_smile:

I like mine. Mine (GE) don't seem to show a lot of fingerprints, it's more general dirtiness (like sticky door handles from little fingers).

By far the best stainless cleaner I have found is made by 3M. It is an aerosol in a can. It can be a little hard to find, I bought it at a restaurant supply store and I think maybe you can get it at Bed Bath and Beyond, or Lowe's.

We have stainless - Jenn Aire - and always have fingerprints on them. We do have a stainless steel cleaner that we use if we are having company (birthdays or holidays) but otherwise, I just wipe them to keep the stickiness off them and just try to ignore the fingerprints. I'd think twice next time before getting stainless - or go for cabinet front refrigerator and dishwasher (the two worst ones - the stove/oven stays cleaner).

LOVE my stainless. Don't mind fingerprints. One day there won't be any kids around to leave them....

I agree, you need to find the best cleaner, that makes things easier. Just think how much gradeux is on the front of a regular fridge that just doesn't show up to get wiped off. I'd rather be able to see my junk and tackle it.

If I had my real heart's desire, I'd go retro aqua blue. But til that dream is realized, I'll stick with my stainless.