Menu

I need quick dinner help

I'm making dinner for another family and made chicken pot pie. I usually use frozen peas and carrots but used fresh carrots instead. I just tested one of the carrots from the center and it is still hard after 1.5 hours at 350! What is wrong? What can I do now? I'm supposed to have dinner at their house in 30 min. Cover with foil and turn oven up? Order pizza instead? UGhhhhhhhhh

You may just end up w/ crunchy carrots. . .I've ended up precooking my carrots now if I make potpie because they just don't seem to cook enough while the pie is baking.

:iagree: I cook my onions, carrots and celery on the stove before I make my sauce and put in my frozen peas. Maybe the frozen carrots you usually use were partially cooked and didn't take as long? Crunchy carrots aren't the end of the world. :grouphug:

The potatoes arent' done either. I had put a smaller one for DH and it's not done either. I think my oven heating element is going.

OK, Ds just tested and the element is DEAD!!! NO wonder it didn't cook!

I have spaghetti stuff, I am going to whip that together instead.

Edited by Quiver0f10

The potatoes arent' done either. I had put a smaller one for DH and it's not done either. I think my oven heating element is going.

OK, Ds just tested and the element is DEAD!!! NO wonder it didn't cook!

I have spaghetti stuff, I am going to whip that together instead.

Oh no!! How infuriating!!!