Menu

I am soooo mad at my kiddo right now.

I know it's just a shirt. It was one of my favorite shirts. My mommy gave it to me for Christmas.

And now it has a hole it in.

DS took a pen/or sissors, he hasn't owned up to his tool of choice, and poked/cut a hole into the front of it.

It's just a shirt. It's just a thing. It's a seasonal piece of clothing and I did get to wear it for almost all of the season.

I'm mad. :mad:

He's sitting at my feet tomato staked because if I wasn't the mom I'd have him take off his fav. spiderman shirt and put a hole in it. :chillpill::chillpill:

At least he told me the truth right away.

Oh, that's sad! I have lost some favorite pieces of clothing -- the ones that are like best friends you can always rely on -- but they were all due to my own stupidity and thoughtlessness.

I do remember the day I found a hole cut in my dd's bedsheet. I asked her why she did it, and she told me she just wanted to see what it would look like. :001_huh: I did get her to promise never to do it again, and she didn't.

Honestly, a loss like yours does require grieving time......

Last week my oldest [OLDEST!] spilled a small container of breadstick dipping sauce in my purse. He was trying to carry too much out of the car and it was a complete accident, but....but....still, I was mad! The cleaning was nasty. I overreacted and later had to apologize, but first I had to send him away from me so that I wouldn't say anything I regretted. Then I took a nap. ;) Then I apologized.

Now we joke about it.

Jo

Btw- I'm sorry about your shirt. Even knowing it is just a thing doesn't lessen the dissappointment.

My ds once used the cake slicer/server from our wedding (I had it out trying to find a better place to store it!) and sliced my favorite, brand-new sheets. :glare: I about killed him, but restrained myself. :) AND, just the other day, my dc come inside and show me that dd2 has ripped the entire back of her pants (basically the pocket on one side completely ripped open). The pants were a Christmas gift from a relative and my FAVORITE pair on her. How did this happen? Well, ds had propped a 2x4 up to the tree to use as a ramp to climb into his treehouse. Dd climbed up and used it as a sliding board...even though I had warned ds not an hour earlier to not let her or anyone SLIDE on the wood b/c...anybody care to venture a guess?...B/C they might RIP.THEIR.PANTS! ARghhhhh......Mom doesn't know anything. :glare:

AAAGH! I'm so sorry. . . . . . . . :grouphug:

If this helps, sometimes when my kiddos or dh do something that really frustrates/angers me - I imagine how I would feel if they died the next day. Would I be as angry?

OK, maybe I'm morbid. Or pathetic. But I think it was Ruth Bell Graham (?) who said that the unfolded pair or pants slung over the back of the chair would be a beautiful sight to a widow. A good friend of mine just lost her husband two weeks ago. . . . . . . . just a thought. :001_smile:

DS took a pen/or sissors, he hasn't owned up to his tool of choice, and poked/cut a hole into the front of it.

It's just a shirt. It's just a thing. It's a seasonal piece of clothing and I did get to wear it for almost all of the season.

He's sitting at my feet tomato staked because if I wasn't the mom I'd have him take off his fav. spiderman shirt and put a hole in it. :chillpill::chillpill:

My dad bought my dd5 this beautiful white snow leopard/tiger stuffed animal. It is huge and lovely and cuddly. She hugged it and snuggled with it for days on end.

Then one day I found the animal with its face colored entirely with black marker. I asked/moaned/yelled," Why?! Why?! Why?! I thought you loved this animal!"

She looked at me and said, "I don't know." And I believe her. She just needed to mark up this toy like she needed to mark up her dolls with permanent marker and her bedspread and her fingernails and her toe nails and her reading books and her pillows and every other frickin' thing in our house.:glare:

I know it's just a shirt. It was one of my favorite shirts. My mommy gave it to me for Christmas.

And now it has a hole it in.

At least he told me the truth right away.

I have two mantras that get me through these visits from the Bad Idea Fairy. The first one is "They're little. They do that." That's the one that calms me down. :D

The other one is, "Ah, this is why they can't live on their own yet." This one's more to make me remember to smile about it later... when they're living on their own. ;)

I'm sorry about your shirt. By the way, do you ever watch Malcolm in the Middle? Your story reminded me of one episode, where Reece (the second eldest) sat at the dinner table, jabbing holes in his shirt with his fork. The mother saw it, and, understandably, freaked. The kid panicked and blurted out, "Malcolm has a girlfriend!" to divert his mother's wrath from himself. As she turned on Malcolm, Reece muttered to himself, "Argh. I was saving that one for report cards."

So I guess it could be much, much worse. ;)

{{hugs}}

Dy