Menu

What's your fave Geometry, and why?

Chalkdust worked well for my older daughter. Math is one of her better subjects and she is very independent, so she was able to do the program mostly on her own and only had occasional questions for me. She felt the DVD lectures did a good job preparing her for the homework problems, and she thought the number of proofs was just right.

Oh, also my younger daughter will be trying CD as well, however, I'm not sure it is going to work for her. The jury is still out.

I really like Art of Problem Solving Geometry. Both of my guys have done this. It is challenging, but all the AoPS books are designed to be self-teaching for the diligent student. The text will challenge any student, and sometimes I needed to back off a bit and not expect all the challenge problems to be done, for example. I am intrigued by Lori's suggestion of Cliff Notes Geometry, however!

Blessings,

April

I was curious about the Cliff Notes and googled. Here's the contents from the Cliff Notes site:

Geometry

Homework Help in Geometry from CliffsNotes!

Need help with your geometry homework and tests? These articles can help you get a handle geometrical shapes and the math behind them.

Click the plus sign to view articles in a section, or use the Search box below to find something specific.

Search Geometry

small-searchbar.gif