Menu

How many people here use Heart of Dakota?

fenni

Do you use Heart of Dakota?  

1. 1. Do you use Heart of Dakota?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe in the future
    • other (because you can't have a poll without it)

I SERIOUSLY considered it and in fact I own several of their guides, but I soon realized that HOD wouldn't work for me since I really want to combine my children in History, Science, everything but the 3 r's. HOD's guides are really for a narrow age group as they each have a very specific skill set within them that makes combining difficult.

HOD looks great in theory, but I just found that it wouldn't work for our family.

I guess I don't understand. Why are some of you saying you wouldn't act out the Bible stories? Just curious, because I've always enjoyed doing that with my dc, even before we started LHTH. I do understand your concerns about acting out the devotional parts where the kids are "bad" and then "good." I don't especially like even pretending to be bad, and sometimes we just talk about how there are 2 ways to handle a situation, and then only practice the right way. I don't understand the concerns about acting out stories themselves though.

I am NOT trying to argue, just curious about the reasons behind it!

• 2 weeks later...