Menu

billy and blaze readers

mombygrace

My boy doesn't read yet and his Billy and Blaze books are his favorites to look at (the pictures are wonderful). The stories are great, too, when I or his sister read them to him. I don't know how easy/difficult the reading is though ... they aren't really "readers" I don't think.

My DD8 loves this series of books. She is a horse lover, found these a few weeks ago and hasn't put them down yet. She is very picky, doesn't enjoy reading because she had some vision issues we just recently discovered, but will read these without being asked to read. I was amazed at what these have done for her.

I like these. Ds (5) is able to read what he knows and will try to sound out the other words. I have a few horse books from when dh was a kid-Little Black a Pony and one called Doodlebug. Both about black ponies and around the same level as the Billy Blaze books I'd guess.

I haven't been able to find many horse books for boys for early readers. The next ones I know of are the Black Stallion and Misty books. And then Saddle club for girls. I think those are more 3/4th grade though?

Guest TheBugsMom

Great books for both boys and girls. Another series along that line is the Jim Forrest series. These are progressive readers that have a great storyline. They are out of orint but Ebay has them all the time.